A Cthulhu Mythos story. Start at the beginning.

A Cthulhu Mythos story.  Start at the beginning.
A Cthulhu Mythos story set in Miskatonic University in modern times. . If you're new, start at the beginning.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Reading Suggestion

If, like me, you're a fan of H.P. Lovecraft or just like creepy stories, then I highly suggest this short story anthology, "The Book of Cthulhu 2."  I read book 1 and loved it. It had some stories in there that blew my mind with awesomeness.  But then I started reading book 2.   Holy cow.  Some of these stories have atmosphere so thick you'd need a lightsaber to cut.  There's a wide variety of stories so there's bound to be a few stories that will make the most discerning critic recoil with eldritch horror.  Trust me, check them out. 
In Book 1, you must read "A Colder War."  Lovecraft meets Tom Clancy. 
In Book 2, it's "Once more from the top" about the raid on our beloved town of Innsmouth and Marines fighting Deep Ones...and a Shoggoth. 
http://www.amazon.com/The-Book-Cthulhu-Ross-Lockhart/dp/1597804355/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349978826&sr=8-1&keywords=book+of+cthulhu+2

1 comment:

  1. I love these books and am thrill'd to be included among ye writers. If Ross does THE BOOK OF CTHULHU III, I am determin'd to write a new original tale for it. The cover illustration for Vol. II blows my mind with eldritch thrill!

    ReplyDelete